Thursday, September 1, 2011

Jet Lag Lasts How Long?!?!!?

I read my post from last night, and I am so sorry to all who had to read it. But as a warning this one may be no better.
These past two days have been the most trying days I think I have ever had. I have cried a lot, and I'm sure the people who have seen me think I'm insane. Mostly the man I sat next to on the airplane across the ocean. Cause one minute I was just sitting there, and the next I was quietly crying trying not to look obvious. But its hard not to be obvious when you have snot running down your face. But oh well, hopefully when stuff starts going on around here it will get better.
The food is iffy... After arriving and sleeping through lunch yesterday I dragged my halfawake-self to the dining hall for dinner. Bread and weird meat. Like the bologna with colorful stuff in it and such. So I ate bread. And that's it. Lunch is apparently the big meal here, so today I dragged myself out of bed (after sleeping through breakfast), to make it there. Fried Pork ribs, and fried potatoes, and bread. Much better, but still odd. And they drink tea here. A lot of tea. I do not like tea. But it has become my goal to like tea by the end of the year.
I have been doing nothing at all since I got here. There is nothing for me to do yet. I have spent an ungodly amount of time online. After stalking the majority of my friend on Facebook, I moved on to Crazythingsparentstext.com. I am currently on page 126. And not proud of myself.
I slept for over 11 hours last night, and feel like I'm starting to recover. But I have had a headache all day.
I'm going to go dig through my suitcase for my drugs mom made me take. Ta-ta.

2 comments:

  1. When I flew to Europe the jet lag usually lasted no longer than 3 weeks. Just kidding. It will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot to adjust to at once. Going away
    to school by itself is an adjustment but you have the jet lag, food changes and unfamiliar language to deal with. I know it will get better, just hang in there.

    ReplyDelete