Sunday, September 18, 2011

The day after a "6 Kilometer" Hike

It has been forever since I've updated this thing, I'm sorry. But honestly now that I'm here this whole website is in Hungarian and it's rather stressful to try to navigate it, also I am just a procrastinator and this doesn't have a deadline, so I just put it off till my mother asks for 'a long newsy letter' then I feel bad, and am guilted into writing a rambling, incoherent update on my life, which I am sure ya'll have been dying to read. (Did you know guilted is not a word, at least according to my spell check. I did not until I wrote it in that last sentence)
I have now had one week of 'classes'. Really three days of class and two days of street evangelism in Budapest. It was the most amazing terrifying thing I have ever done. I had no idea what to expect and I mean I speak exactly 4 words in Hungarian. "yes" "no" "thank you" and "hello" Which are not especially helpful when trying to share God with people. But God provided and I was able to have several amazing conversations with different people.
Moving on the the most interesting that has happened since I arrived. Yesterday one of the guys here, David Grafe, asked if I wanted to go hiking with him and four other people. Three of the girls, all from Quebec, and the other David. He said that we would be going to a lake about 6 Km from campus. I agreed, planning on spending a nice afternoon with friends. We left about 2:30, and in my head I was thinking we would be back around 7:00. We got back to campus at 11:45. The sun went down about 7:15. We never made it to the lake. It was an insane trip. I hope to make the pictures and videos we took into a movie, complete with LOTR soundtrack. Because that is the only thing it is comparable to.
IT is now time for volleyball, as I told the Hungarians I would be playing, but I hope this satisfies those asking for 'news' (Love you Momma). If it does not, please feel free to Facebook me and I will answer or expand upon any questions ya'll might have.
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment