Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Greetings from Kenya

Kenya is the name of my dorm. Why they think it's a good plan to put you into another country as soon as you arrive in this one I'm not sure. But I don't know how long I'll be in here, it all depends on if I RA or not.
The eight hour flight to Germany was not bad at all. Except having a window seat has its disadvantages. Such as really needing to go to the bath room, while having two men sleeping between you and the aisle. But the movies selection was fantastic! Three fulllength features in one trip. Airline food= weird.
I didn't talk to the man that sat next to me until the last 5 minutes of the flight, when I learned he is from Hungary. Needless to say I would have liked to know this before.
Also I seem to have a problem with my gate being changed. Frankfurt Germany is the weirdest airport ever. My ticket said gate A40, so I head that way, at Gate 36 I see the first departure board in the whole airport and look for my flight... A4. So then I have to turn around and go all that way back, and no one spoke English. Not a fan.
I arrived in Budapest at 9:00AM local time which equals 3:00 AM Indiana time. After meeting up with the WOL people I fell asleep in their car, and drooled. Good first impression. The man laughed at me, but doesn't speak English, so couldn't really make fun of me. Then I fell asleep in a bed at campus.
I am drasticlly jet-lagged and am going to bed. More later. ZZZZZZZZZZZ

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, Kosontom! I'm so excited for you! I have a friend in Columbus who is from Hungary and I just started learning Hungarian. I'll be praying for you during your amazing adventures.

    Maybe when you get back we can speak in Hungarian with each other!
    Blessings,
    Charity

    ReplyDelete