Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Gate A25 Indianapolis (wayyyyyyyyy to early)

Hello there, and welcome to my blogspot. I have never done this before, so we'll see how it goes. Let me start by giving you some background on why I have begun to blog. (Is that right? Begun? Began? Begin? That's one of those tricky words.) 
I am currently sitting on the floor of Gate A25 in the Indianapolis International Airport waiting my flight to Chicago to board. From Chicago I will be flying to Frankfurt, Germany, and from there to Budapest, Hungary. I am attending Word of Life Bible Institute for the 2011-2012 school year. 
Quick tangent, I just found a card in my bag that my mother snuck (another of those tricky words, it has the red squiggly underline) into my bag, and now I'm sure the people around me think I'm emotionally unbalanced because I am about to cry.
But anyway, long story short, this blog is to keep anyone who is interested updated on my life and travels. I'm not promising you anything great or wonderful, just my thoughts, hopes and dreams. 
I have less then 15 minutes till my flight begins boarding, and I really need to try to organize myself a little bit, so ya'll will just have to wait for more till my 7 hour layover in Chicago, where I'm sure I'll run out of productive things to do in about an hour and a half tops, which will send me here to ramble, like I'm doing now. 
Next Stop Chicago!
(The lady next to me smells very strongly of lilacs, which I like as much as the next person, but I hope I am not seated by her on the plane.)

4 comments:

  1. Yea, first comment. I love you and miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so maybe you remember me and maybe not but every once in a while i facebook stalk your parents and see how things are going. (I know what you are thinking 'she must get really bored), but that is not the point. I noticed the picture of you and your mum at the airport and read the comments. I then proceeded to stalk further to find out where exactly you were going AND found your blogspot. Have to say, I'm impressed (not so much about you going to another country (I expected much from dan and amy's three kids) but on how you write. Squiggly lines and all I believe I may end up coming back to this page to read more (by the way, tea!? I don't understand how a country can survive on such water!) Good luck with your endeavors.
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. From a list called: 50 Fun Things to Do During a Boring Lecture

    Some of my favorite were:
    1. Get the other students in your row to do the wave.
    2. Make reserved seating cards and place them on the desks before class
    3. Pretend you are Harry Potter and your scar hurts.
    4. Write a book/screen play/musical involving a dog, a cat, 2 mice, a picnic basket, 4 humans, and a sloth.
    5. Write a note to the janitor and leave it under your desk
    6. Start a doodle war
    7. Learn Oragami
    8. Play MASH
    9. Learn to Knit scarves and/or mittens
    10. Make "people pens" or "flower pens"
    11.Paper Bracelets http://www.craftideas.info/html/paper_beads_bracelet.html

    Okay... I hope this kinda helps. Let me know if nothing works. :)

    ReplyDelete