Saturday, March 24, 2012

My 2nd family and 3rd

Hey ya'll, if you are reading this, there is a good chance that we are related, because there are only like 3 people that read this I am not related to, so I just want to say that I love my family, and miss you all a whole bunch, but I wanted to take a few minutes to tell you about my family here. AKA the 5 girls I live with, and Jeff and Holly. And maybe David and Kevin if I have time.

So first off, I live in Nemetorszag dorm, which is Germany in Hungarian. We have one large room that we all sleep in, and live in, and a bathroom with four showers. Its way differnet then anything in the states. It is sometimes the worst thing in the world, but also amazing. I mean who can say they have lived with girls from 4 different countries? Not many. So here is my 'Family'.



Angela is 29 years old and from Brazil. Even though I am the RA, and the 'Mom' of the room, Angela is kind of a mom to us all. She is amazing. Super patient, and has been through way more then any of us, so she always has advice and experience. She makes sure we get stuff done, and over all is awesome.




Daniela is the other Brazilian. She is almost 20 and has the prettiest clothes. Everyday I love what she wears. We have peanut butter sandwich dates, and both work in the library. So she is who I call when I want to do something on Fridays but have to work :)



Teresa is from the Czech. She is 20. She is one of the funniest people I have ever met. And one of the loudest. Like when she is in the room, you know she is there. But overall she is the most inspiring people I know. Coming from where she was, she has grown so much this year. She recently started dating a Hungarian :) Super cute.

Becky is the most recent addition to our room. She was the RA in another dorm, but asked to step down so she could focus on school and other parts of her life. Having her join the dorm has been an amazing blessing. She just turned 20. She grew up here, and speaks fluent Hungarian and English. She is awesome and soooo
much fun!

Noemie is from Quebec. The baby of our family, she is 17, almost 18. Out of all the girls, I think I talk to her most. Because of that, we fight the most, but I love her a lot! She is soooo hyper, especially when you combine her with Becky. She watches scary movies sometimes, and then spends the whole evening scaring the crap out of Becky and I.

We don't have any pictures of our family... because... I don't know why. But we are a pretty bunch. Take my word for it. I don't know what I would do with out them.

So my 3rd Family consists of my mentor, Holly, her husband, Jeff, and the two boys Jeff mentors, David and Kevin. Sometimes it feels like the three of us 'kids' live at Jeff and Holly's house. I make food there at least once a week. I even have my own cabinet of baking stuff :D
This is our family Christmas picture. Kevin is on the far right, the David, then me, then Holly, and Jeff. They are awesome. And I am really going to miss them.

Kevin is 19. He is from Brazil, but his father is American. He is a musical genius, pretty much. He learns to play songs in the piano in 20 minutes from Youtube Videos. Its crazy. He will be attending Liberty University next year.

David is 24. His parents are missionaries in Turkey, and he lived there for 18 year. He already has a degree in Public Health, but is going back to school somewhere in Mississippi next year to be an RN.

Jeff and Holly will be staying here next year. They will both attend classes. Instead of being part of the staff. Really they live in Missouri. I think maybe there will be road trips there in my future.

So those are my families here. I don't know what I would do without them. And leaving is going to be so hard, because I don't know when I will ever see them again. But I am so blessed I got the opportunity to know them.

Now it is time to go play Frisbee, because it is warm now. Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Kevin is actually the one on the far left...and I guess we don't hang out enough anymore, in the fall maybe Jess or I would have been included in this somewhere...

    ReplyDelete