Monday, October 10, 2011

Wow! Two posts in one week!

That's right ya'll, be impressed, I am a blogging maniac this week. Actually I was studying (GASP) my Systematic Theology notebook, and realized there are a lot of great quotes in my frantic scribbling. So this is going to consist of those quotes, and who they are by. Some of them are from lecturers, and some are random quotes from my classmates. Some are super deep, and some are just stupid. Take them all as you will. I am also doing this because there are way to many to update them all as my status on Facebook, especially when I use that to keep you all up to date on my eating habits, currently kiwi for those of you who have not seen it, bird or fruit, I am giving no clues. So lets get started!

"Sometimes all we can say of God is what He is not."-Dr. Scott Horrell
"You don't grieve a cosmic force, you grieve someone who loves you."- Dr. Scott Horrell
"5+3=8 whether you are in 3rd Grade or at Harvard."- Dr. Carlos Pinto
"No matter how entrenched a culture has become in its sin, still deep down God has left His morals imprinted on our hearts."- Dr. Carlos Pinto
"If you only broke God's law once a day for the rest of your life, you know what people would call you? A saint, they would build a statue of you. You know what God would call you? A hell deserving sinner." -Dr. Carlos Pinto
"Earn your salvation? What makes you think you can offer God something more valuable then the life of His son?" -Dr. Carlos Pinto (Yeah this man has a lot of things to say.)
"Salvation is absolutely free. Discipleship may cost you everything." -Dr. Carlos Pinto
"Red is Red. Truth is Truth." - Paul Weaver
"Satan does not commit our sin, he commits his own, and we sin when we listen to him." -Rohme Dyck
"If we bear God's image, then it is Him we need to study to learn more about ourselves." - Rohme Dyck
" I reflect the image of God. My husband will reflect the image of God. Together we will reflect the image of God better." - Rohme Dyck adapted by me
"Because of Adam we are all going to die. Because of Jesus we can all be saved."- Rohme Dyck
"This is one big class of sinful." - Rohme Dyck
"You rarely see giraffes in the forest playing chess with each other." -Rohme Dyck
               "Ummmmm..... you rarely see giraffes in the forest at all." -Me
"We have been designed to sin, because of our sinful nature."- Rohme Dyck
"Our problem is not that we are sinful, but that we are not even trying to be saved." - Rohme Dyck
"God didn't tell us everything we want to know. He told us everything we need to know." -Al Konya
"Our respect and love for God is no greater then our respect and love for God's word." - Al Konya
"When you have your quiet time in the morning, the authority, the nature, the importance of those words is the same as if Jesus were standing in front of you saying those words with His own voice." - Al Konya
And to end the quote section of this post one from Kevin, " It's like a parrot! But a little one. A little parrot. Like a parakeet! Parakeet soup! No! parakeet tea! That's the name of our movie." This was him trying to translate the title of a movie he has on Youtube from Portuguese to English for me.
These are only quotes from three classes, so I'm sure in a few weeks I will do another post like this, because some of these are too good not to put online somewhere, and like I said, my Facebook status is already occupied.
I received very few ideas for things to do in class, probably because only like three people read this, but anyway I am still looking for more so let me know. Byes!

No comments:

Post a Comment